Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pictures Make a Blog Much More Exciting!


Here are some pictures to catch you up on what we have done in our exciting life during the month of September. September happens to also mark 7 months married. Hooray! It's going by so fast!

We are slowly but surely making headway on our Temple Goal. We finally visited Jordan River on Sept. 23. It is a beautiful temple! I never knew this because I always see it from so far away, but at night, the windows on the temple are colorful because they are stained glass! It gives the temple a sort of celestial look because I always imagine the Celestial Kingdom to be white and pure mixed with rainbows here and there. The colorful windows against the white temple was really stunning!


Rachel Steele is 16 years old, goes to Mountain View, plays volleyball, and has leukemia. You can find out more about her by reading her blog:
Saturday Sept 25 was the day of bake sales to raise money to help Rachel, so my sisters and I got together Friday night and made goodies! The national Leukemia awareness color is orange, and orange also happens to be Rachel's favorite color.


Saturday, my uncle Joe and his wife Tara were in town from Pennsylvania so of course we had to gather all the Gravers in town and have a get-together at my parents' house. It was really great to see them - I have so many fond memories of Joe and Tara as a child because they were always hanging around while they were out here going to BYU.


This is Elizabeth Graver. She is my aunt. Can't tell, huh? She (with most the rest of them Gravers) is so fascinating to converse with because she is so intelligent and funny. Love her!


Last but not least, I had to get a picture of the three brothers together. From left, Phillip, Joe, and Peter Graver. They are my mom's half brothers. There are about 2 more Graver brothers and another in-law brother, but they are all out in Pennsylvania. They are a great, but loud, bunch to be around!

It's been a fun September. I can't believe it's almost over already. But I sure can't wait for Halloween!!

No comments: