Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to my Wonderful Husband of ONE YEAR!! Wowza I can't believe it's been one year already! And I can't wait for there to be 10 years, and 20 and forever. It's so fun to have Valentine's Day when you're married!!

So in case anyone was wondering, here is a little bit of history for you today on why we celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm not sure exactly how accurate this is. After all, my friend just told me at work ;-).

The History of St. Valentine
Valentine used to be a priest in the Catholic church. As we all know, there are certain rules in the Catholic church that forbid certain clergymen to ever marry. St. Valentine would actually take these people and marry them in secret. However, his secret got out and he was caught and put in jail. To give him thanks, the people that he secretly married sent thank you cards to him in jail. These thank you cards are now what we call "Valentines" that we hand out to our friends and loved ones.

Happy Valentine's, Everyone!!




No comments: