Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kittens and Dreams

Dear Blogger World,

First of all, let me just say that I am using my precious internet quota time at work to tell you all about this crazy dream of mine that I had last night. And let me begin by saying that, well, babycenter.com did warn me that I might have dreams about taking care of baby animals, but I sure didn't think it was actually going to happen!!

So I had a dream last night. Just like I do every other night. But this night, I dreamt that I had my baby - about 3 months early. And as it probably should be, the baby was very tiny and skinny. However, for some unknown reason, I had to be away from home for a few days and didn't even get to see my baby until day 3, probably.

Being the mother, I apparently knew what I had to do to take care of my baby, so I walk into the bedroom and there is my baby sleeping in the crib. However, she's starting to fuss (that's what it was in my dream - a girl) and of course, I just know that it's because she is hungry. So I take her weak, frail body out of the crib and try to get her to latch on. She doesn't even try to suck, but I don't know that. Apparently I am holding her and have a blanket or a shirt over her (because she is so tiny) and I'm thinking I am nursing her but this whole time, she is just sleeping against my chest!

This continued on for a little while, all the while with me getting frustrated that my baby wasn't latching on and nursing. I really wanted to do this! P.S. Nursing is something that I look forward to but am kind of nervous about because I have done a bit of reading and I just want to make sure I do it, right, you know?

Well anyway, turns out my baby was a kitten. That's why it wasn't latching onto me.

Figures.

1 comment:

staceyk said...

lol I thought I had crazy dreams when I was pregno but this is just nuts! lol Nursing is a very hard thing to do they say it just comes to you but it can hurt and just give it time and things will work out for you . when that time comes lol. But with sydney it was one of the most hardest things for me not the lack of sleep or the crying baby the nursing was hard its diffrent for every one and with every baby