Monday, September 3, 2012

6 Months!

I can't believe Hailey is 6 months. She is now closer to a year old that she was from being born. It's exciting, because I love watching her grow and progress, but at the same time, it's crazy how fast this year has flown already.

There are so many things to write about Hailey today! So I'll just start from the beginning and just go from there! She turned 6 months on Aug. 28. She has been rolling like crazy. It's almost impossible to keep her on her back anymore, especially when dressing her or changing her diaper. She's a very wiggly little girl. I have to keep a much closer eye on her, although I am not perfect. A couple falls, pulling a game cube off the shelf onto her head....yeah. We're working on it!

She loves to smile and laugh. I love playing with her and bouncing her on the bed. She loves being played with. She will smile for anyone. She is such a happy little girl.

Like I had mentioned before, she is eating from a spoon! This has made me so happy and has relieved so much stress off of me. We did cereal straight for two weeks and on Saturday, we started green beans. Om-nom-nom! She is taking to them quite well, although not without getting it everywhere in the meantime!

Speaking of food, she has started formula. I ran out of my frozen milk supply for the babysitter about halfway through August, and I wasn't pumping enough anymore to have enough fresh milk on hand either. I knew she wasn't getting very much from me every time I nursed, even though she seemed content. Her diapers just weren't as full, and so I had to do what I had to do. I've been supplementing formula at each feeding and then the babysitter gets to use what little milk I have pumped during work and then formula. But she doesn't really care what she's eating, as long as she's eating. She's already used to the bottle, so that's really nice. I am just happy that she's getting full again. It's also nice that for dinner now, she eats her baby food and then is usually pretty good. I am liking that!

She's definitely teething. She's a lot more cranky. She also definitely knows when I leave the room. And she hates it. She loves her toys. She is great at grabbing at anything she can see and shoving it into her mouth. She's not sitting quite yet, but we'll get there soon. She still does her "superman" and likes to sing a lot. Her hair is growing and growing and growing and crazy and wild. It has also really lightened up! I've had hair ties for a while, but we bought clippies and I'm excited to use those to add variety.

I am just loving this little girl so much. She makes me and Scotty so happy. I can't imagine life without her. I know she was meant to be in our family. Having her as a great little baby makes me not so scared to have more babies. Not saying that's anytime soon!


Happy 6 Months, little Hailey Lu!

No comments: