Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Catching Up: Halloween/Thanksgiving/Disneyland/9 Months Old

Halloween:
Have I ever told you how much I love Halloween? This year, I dressed up as a character from a "Dr Who" episode named...Nancy! I think I might just dress up as famous Nancy's and that way I'll have my costumes set for the next couple years! Scott was the 12th Doctor, meaning we don't know how the 12th doctor is going to look so for all we know, he could wear jeans and a plaid jacket! And Hailey was my crowning glory...a flamingo! I got the tutu from my friend Stacey, but you bet your bottom dollar I made that hat! It turned out so great! We visited both Grandmas and just had a fun time hanging out with our family.


Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving was a very nice, relaxing day. Well, not for poor Scotty! He had to work at 7am until 11. He came home, we went up to eat with my family, and he was right back to work at 6pm, working clear through the night until 6am. Poor Scotty. I'm so glad he didn't get trampled in the Black Friday madness! I didn't go shopping this year - had no desire to. I spent the rest of the evening relaxing with my family, watching movies and just having fun. Unfortunately, I only have one picture! I sure do love Thanksgiving and I don't think I ever say enough just how grateful I am for my family, the Gospel, and all I have around me, every day of my life.


Disneyland!!!
And next comes the greatest news of all - we went to Disneyland!! We left the Sunday after Thanksgiving...and realized it was absolutely the worst time to drive to California ever. We got stuck in traffic for 3 hours!!! My, uh, little joke of "It's 6 hours from Primm" turned out to not be a joke but more of a curse. Sorry! The kids did so great though, and we ended up making it to Anaheim in one piece! We spent 4 FANTASTIC days in Disneyland. I rode a lot of new rides that I never had before, and ate a lot of yummy food! By the end of the trip, I was sure glad to get home, but I will still say that I had so much fun and it was such a nice, relaxing, very much-needed vacation. I love being out and about all day having fun and then coming back to the hotel to relax with your family. There aren't too many pictures, but that's mostly because I was too busy having fun! Also, Disneyland with a baby...well, I will definitely try not to ever do it again (too much work changing diapers and mixing bottles and always having to hold them because they can't walk yet), but Hailey actually did REALLY well and it really wasn't that bad. Next time we come, hopefully our youngest will be old enough to eat normal people food (no way am I packing all that baby food/formula in again!) and walk by themselves. All in all though, great trip.

Stopped at Burger King in Baker. There was mega traffic through that area!

First day waiting to get into the park! It's all decked out for Christmas!

Hailey was a really good girl and took her naps in the park.


Delicious all-you-can-eat BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch in Critter Town...worth every penny.


Then (2010) and now (2012). What a difference!

Then and now. Love the airplane!

Can you tell Hailey loved Disneyland!

The castle all decked out for Christmas.


Then and now!


9 Months Old:
And last but not least, Hailey turned 9 months old while we were in Disneyland! I can't believe she is getting so old and cute and smart and amazing. Her hair is longer than ever, she can FINALLY sit-sit by herself, she likes to pull herself up on her feet but can't stand on her own just yet. She can pick up small pieces (mostly food, but sometimes other things too!) and stick them in her mouth. She highly dislikes her baby food and would much rather eat and feed herself real people food instead. Thus, I am trying to shop with her more in mind and prepare ahead of time so she can actually have table food. She talks and babbles and hums and sings constantly. Today I even got her to whisper in church! She knows when we take things away from her and criiies and screeeams. Enter...tantrum stage 1. Still in Size 2 diapers and some clothes ranging from 3-6 month to even some random 12 month footsie pajamas. She is still skinny as ever, but growing nonetheless. I would guess she weighs about 14 lbs. Her doctor said no more visits until a year, so I guess we won't see how much she really weighs until first part of March :-s. What a privilege and stressful time it is to be a mom. I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything. Sorry about the times that I complain. I am very happy, and I can't wait for Hailey's first Christmas!


1 comment:

Christian Mealey said...

We went to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ this summer when we went. We absolutely loved it! Glad yall had fun.