Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gardening!

Instead of uploading Hailey's pictures and posting about her birthday and her stats and see how much she's grown in her car seat since she was a newborn, I'm going to tell you about how much I want to plant a garden.

Flowers, ok. But vegetables, yes!

Every summer since we have been married, I have wanted to plant a vegetable garden. And I never got around to it and suddenly it was July and way to late to start anything. Not to mention we really didn't have any space to plant a vegetable garden anyway.

I did some minor research last year about growing a garden in containers.

This year, I am actually going to do it. I've already picked out a spot in the yard that I want to have my container garden (that is, if my landlord won't let me use the spot that I've actually really picked out in the yard!). I know what containers I'm going to buy ($5 storage totes - big and cheap!), I know what soil I'm going to use (Miracle Gro Soil Vegetable and Flower), and I know what vegetables I'm going to plant (green beans - a must - , maybe peas, lettuce or spinach?, we'll also try red potatoes. We're keeping it simple)!

Plus, I've already started imaging the warm sunny days of Spring and Summer out pulling weeds and Hailey playing in the yard. We're going to have so much fun, Hailey and I. She even told me she wants to help me plant a garden. Well, at least she could have, if she could have talked.

I've pinned lots of things on Pinterest to help me get started, and I'm really doing my research this year. I am really going to do this! Plus, if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll plant some flowers out front in the flower beds. If I had it my way, I would rip out those rose bushes and put in some nice normal bushes instead, but we'll just have to tolerate them for another year or horrid, 5-foot-tall roses...

I'm also really excited to water my garden! And I might even buy a green watering bucket. Who knows? I'm going to love this summer!

No comments: