Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hailey's Bday Party!

Hailey turned ONE!! And I am about 2 weeks late posting about it! Never mind, though. At least I'm getting to it eventually!

We chose a Minnie Mouse theme. Partly because she went to Disneyland in November and got her very own Minnie Mouse, and partly because that theme is waaay easy (I mean, come on, pink, polka dots, how hard can it be, right??). It turned out GREAT! Auntie Oy got her a super cute Minnie Mouse outfit to wear, and Hailey was as happy as can be for the party. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

I can't forget to mention that thanks to amazing technology, we were able to have my dad and Heather there right along with us! I couldn't have asked for better. I know they loved being able to be there with Hailey.

And yes, I did make the cake, and let's just say that yes, it ended up looking alright. It was delicious and altogether perfect!

Cake in progress.

The finished product!

We got these ear-clippies at Disneyland!


Skyping Dad and Heather.


She was a hoot opening presents. Lots of clothes and fun toys!
She was hesitant at first, but after I showed her the ropes, she
 dug right in!


She would not let go of her money. I hope that's not a sign of
 how she'll be when she's older!

More cake pictures.

The attempted smash cake.

We added the banner in the last 2 minutes before everyone came.
Thanks Jenn for helping it turn out so cute!

No comments: