I'm thankful for...
- My wonderful husband, who sticks by my side no matter what mood I'm in, and cleans the house for me when I have too much homework, and holds me close when I am down. I am so grateful to be sealed to him for all time and eternity. I am so grateful for his friendship. I am so glad I married my best friend in the whole world. I can't imagine life without him, and that's why I get to have him for eternity!
- The rest of my family. I am thankful for sisters, who, when we are together, can just talk and talk and talk. I am thankful for my mom, who I can share anything with, and laugh about anything with. My mom and sisters are so beautiful. I am grateful for my dad, and how willing to help he is. I love how he doesn't let things get him down. Keep pushing on with that restaurant, dad, I know you can do it!
- How can I forget my other family now? I am so thankful for a great mother-in-law who does better than she thinks she does. She is so full of love and wisdom - I find every word she says so valuable. I am thankful for a father-in-law that is willing to talk about anything...and I mean anything. I am thankful for wonderful sister-in-laws and funny brother-in-laws. I am especially grateful for their friendship and accepting me into their family. And I just love their darling children!
- I am grateful for our jobs. Even though some parts of our jobs (*cough* Walmart *cough*) may not seem ideal, I am very grateful for a steady schedule and a steady income. We have both been blessed immensely, and I hope to be able to show the Lord how grateful I am for the jobs He has given us by using our money wisely and doing our best at our jobs.
- I am so thankful for our home. I love our little house, and we are only moving when we have 3 kids and absolutely cannot fit anymore people in. I have made so many memories in this house with my husband, and I am so grateful to Stephen for helping us find such a wonderful place for Scott and I to begin our marriage/family together in.
- I am thankful for our possessions. That sounds a little greedy, but I really am grateful for the things we have. I am grateful for pots and pans to allow me to cook. I am grateful for utensils. I am grateful for our TV, and how happy it makes Scott, haha. I am especially grateful for our bed, and how warm it keeps us and night and allows us to get a good night's rest and wake up for the next day of work. I am ever grateful for my laptop, and how it has allowed us to stay connected with our friends when we have been hermits and how I can still continue my schooling at Utah State even though I work full-time down in Provo. I am also grateful for our cell phones. They are our life-lines.
- I am so thankful for our ever-faithful little car, Sally the Sentra. Even more so, I am so thankful to Brad who bought it and fixed it up in the first place, took good care of it, and gave it to us when Scotty got home from his mission. This car has been through so much with us, and I will cry the day she dies (which shouldn't be for another several years). I pray that I will be able to take as good care of her as Brad has that she may continue to be strong and healthy to take us to our various places in safety.
- The Gospel. There are so many individual things about the Gospel that I am thankful for, but when it comes down to it, it is all about the Gospel. Gospel means "good news" and it has been such good news in my life. I know through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can be wiped clean from my sins and mistakes. I am so thankful for temples and the power of the priesthood, that we can do work for the dead (and for ourselves) and that Scott leads as patriarch in our home. I am also thankful for prophets who guide and direct us today. I know the words they say are true, no matter what anyone else tries to say about them.
- I am thankful for food. I love cooking. Did I mention I love cooking?
- I am so especially thankful for music. What would I do in my life without music? I am so thankful for my piano (yes - my piano), he has been there for me for so many years now. I am so thankful for singing. Oh, what would I ever do without singing? I am thankful for the peaceful and powerful spirit music can bring into our homes and our lives. I love music.
- Last, but not least, I am thankful for all of you who are my friends. Thank you for everyone who has made a difference in my life. I will never forget your kindness, your humor and laughter, or anything else that made me love you!
Whew! What a long post. I love Thanksgiving. And now that we have been grateful....it's time for Christmas!!
Deck the Halls with boughs of holly!
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, la.
Tis the Season to be jolly!
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, la.
Don we now our gay apparel!
Fa-la-la, Fa-la-la, la, la, la.
Troll the ancient Yule Tide Carol!
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, la!!!