Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Owlz baseball game.
Fireworks.
Fishing.
Parking on the side of the road to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks.
Steak.
Picnics at Nelson's Grove.
Frisbee.
Hotttt.
Legalized aeriel fireworks. (Yes!)
Sounds of firework at midnight.
Parade.
Marching bands.
Hot/Humid.
Silver Lake.
FOUR-WHEELING!!
Reading.
Snuggling.
Arby's.
Rain.
Last minute Walmart trip.
More Fireworks.

Did I happen to mention fireworks???

Just to let everyone know, I absolutely LOVE the Fourth of July, or I guess as I should correctly call it, Independence Day. I love the unity that it brings into our communities, whether big or small. I love the patriotic colors, the sense of belonging and friendship, the standing ovation and respect for our Military, the sizing up each marching band throughout the parade, haha. I love the popsicles, the grilling, the fact that everyone goes outside for the Fourth. I love the stars and the music. I love Ray Charles. I especially love the FiReWoRkS!!!! And here's for a shout out:

I have the most wonderful husband in the world who puts up with my silly, almost childish, love and fascination of fireworks. I had to beg him to take me out to see the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. I sat outside every night all weekend long just to listen to the fireworks around our house. The best part was the constant popping and cackling of the aerial fireworks coming from every direction. It was awesome!

You know, despite the fact that it got a little windy and wet on the Fourth, I'm really glad it rained. It was just a little extra precaution that nothing will catch on fire. ...for the most part.

Pictures will be forth-coming. When I decide to upload everything onto my computer from my camera. I will also be making another awesome Fourth of July Fireworks Fun video like I did a couple years ago! This may be an annual thing. That's how much I love fireworks :) So for now, enjoy this video that I'm uploading and then soon you will see the one from this year! P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions for a patriotic song to do for my Firework video this year? I'm thinking Ray Charles..."America the Beautiful." Classic. Oh so classic.

No comments: