Monday, February 18, 2013

3 Reasons Why You Should Buy a Magic Eraser...

...And other great cleaning products!

1. The Disgusting Toilet Bowl

Ok, don't think I never, ever clean my toilet bowl! I actually clean my toilet bowl every single week, but this incredibly disgusting mold still managed to build up over the last 3 years we've been here. I tried everything I could think of, including an old-fashioned toothbrush (shh - don't tell Scotty!) over the years, but nothing seemed to work.

I did my research online and thanks to Pinterest and Yahoo answers and I came up with this solution...



...and ended with this beautiful result:



Cost: Under $5

2. The Soapy-Scummy Showerhead

(This one I actually used another cleaning product that the previous renters left in the house, but I forgot to take a picture of it). I also scrubbed with the Magic Eraser.


Still not perfect, but definitely a lot better!

Cost: Under $2


3. The Window of Horror

When we moved in, we were faced with the dirtiest, filthiest window I had ever seen. It's located in the shower, high up, and was full of dead flies, dirt, and...who knows what else.

I had meant to sit down and really clean it, but every time I thought about it, I knew the task would be really great. Three years later...well, thanks again to Pinterest, I finally got my nerve up and cleaned it!

Half of roll of paper towels and a Magic Eraser later...


It's still not completely how I want it to be but it is definitely a huge bound in the right direction! I even spared you some of the worst photos.

Cost: Under $5

In addition to the wonderful Magic Eraser (or off-brand - it still works the same!), I want to make a SHOUT OUT to one of my new favorite cleaning products!


I use this baby for everything, including the window that I just cleaned. Vinegar is great at killing mold, and I spray this on my bathroom ceilings to keep mold from growing. Ever since I started doing that, I haven't seen any mold. I love this stuff!

So anyway, that was my fun President's Day. Now I am going to shower, maybe finish the dishes and start some laundry (???), and then relax and crochet and maybe even hang out with my sister and mommy!

Hope your President's Day was just as successful!






No comments: