Thursday, September 29, 2011

You know, I was checking my UVU school progress on Wolverine Track and it just made me so sad to see all those music classes and other classes I had taken at USU that no longer apply to my graduation. I have to keep telling myself that they were not a waste of time and that learning music is a valuable skill regardless of whether you graduate in it or not. It's just sad to think that all my hard work up at USU will hardly even matter come January. Well, that's a lie because I know that a good 90% of my Gen-Ed's were done at USU. It's just still hard to think about.

But Scotty is really enjoying UVU! He just got his physical for the FAA which means that he is one step closer to being able to fly next semester! He is actually thinking of taking his Introduction Flight next week, which is basically the cheapest flight he's ever going to ever get. Ever. An instructor takes him up in a plane, flies around a little bit, and even lets Scott try his hand at flying. He pays $50 and he gets an hour in the sky. Seeing as how when he does his actual flight training next semester it will cost about $200 everytime he goes up, this will be a great opportunity for him to fly for cheap.

Guess what! We are going to General Conference!!! Our bishop had a bunch of tickets for the Sunday Afternoon session, and Scott and I jumped at the opportunity to go to a session up in Salt Lake! We went together to the Saturday Morning Session back in October 2009 when he first got home from his mission, so going to General Conference live really holds a special place for us in our hearts. But regardless of that, going to General Conference is just such a special experience for anyone! It is so almost overwhelmingly amazing to be so close to so many men such as the Apostles and the Prophets, and the amazing women that also lead in our church - the RS General Presidency, the Primary General Presidency, and the YW General Presidency. How grateful I am for these people who have been called to teach and lead us, especially our Prophet President Thomas S. Monson. I don't know how many really read my blog and out of you who do, how many of you are LDS or really believe anything, but I know that President Monson was called of God. You go to General Conference and you cannot deny that Spirit that you feel inside that building when the Prophet walks in. Oh goodness, I am just so excited, I can't stand it!

And one final thought: We are one step closer to officially buying our car! Our loan got approved and we just need to go over, sign a few more things, get the title, and be on our happy way out! I am very, very grateful, especially for the awesome people at UCCU who helped make it possible!

And that is all for now. I also have lately had an addiction for crossword puzzles. Have a great day! I can't wait for Halloween and all things Fall!!!

1 comment:

Kates said...

good grief, that's expensive! I had no idea you had to pay that kind of stuff when learning how to fly. silly.