Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reminiscing

One of my favorite things to do up at Utah State when I was a sophomore was to go to the Merrill-Cazier Library and spend hours on the computers there. I have many memories of plugging in my headphones and doing homework. I could sit there for hours listening to music. That was MY time, all to myself with no professors, no work, no pressures, just me and the internet doing whatever we wanted to together.

That seems so long ago now, even though it was only 2 years ago. So much can happen in just two short years.

And now I sit here at the UVU library, a student yet again, on the computer, except this time, I sit here just to wait for my husband until we can go home and bake cookies together. Oh how much has changed, but oh how fun it is to just sit at a computer again and just do whatever I want!

So did I mention that I am pregnant? You probably already knew that, especially if we are friends on Facebook. But if we're not, I'm pregnant, and I am very excited and nervous and excited to see my belly grown and still in some stage of "this isn't real" because I still can't comprehend the fact that there is going to be a baby coming out of me in about 6 months. But nonetheless, it is definitely a very exciting and new thing for us, and I'm sorry I didn't make a big announcement like I was intending to. Things just got away from me. Again. :)

I will eventually put up a picture of my first ultrasound.

In other thoughts, I have decided that every time I post, I need to share something with you that I have either learned or saw some sort of good or miracle or God's hand in my life.

I must confess that I am a blog stalker. I enjoy reading blogs of people that I know, and even people that I don't know. One blog in particular that has stuck out to me is about a girl my age with twin girls. There is nothing fantastic or extraordinary about her blog. I just like it because it is. She just writes about her life, her experiences and what she learned from them, and I just enjoy it. She writes so simply, and for some reason, I get jealous every time because of her easiness with words and ways of expressing her thoughts and inner feelings and desires! I really admire her and if she were to ever read my blog, I hope she knows who she is and that I really appreciate her sharing her words with us on the online community and uplifting us as we follow her along in her journey of life and learning.
{yes. I told you I am a blog stalker}

I hope that I can be as insightful as her. I hope that I can be like her and look for the good in every experience that we have. I hope that I can be like her and share with you what I went through and hope that maybe you can learn from what I have gone through, and become a better person. I hope that I can be better at sharing what is on my mind and learning how to better express myself.

Amen brutha-sista.

P.S. I watched the first half of Titanic last night with my sister. Remember that movie?? Ohhhh, the memories that that brought back!!

No comments: