30 Weeks Wed. January 11, 2012
10 WEEKS UNTIL MY DUE DATE!!
How am I feeling?
- I can't believe I am at 30 weeks! This is another milestone that I never thought I'd make it to. This really puts me into the final stretch of the pregnancy!
- Although I say that I can't believe I am already at 30 weeks, it feels like I have been pregnant forever. What I mean is, it seems like there wasn't ever a time when I wasn't pregnant and didn't have to be careful about how much I lifted or how hard I exercised. I really can't wait to get back into a normal exercise routine or just have my belly back. I don't mean a flat belly - I just mean an empty belly that I can lay on again or bend in half again!
- Still having a hard time sleeping through the night - I think this is probably going to progress until I actually have the baby. Oh well.
- Charlie horses like crazy - yesterday I just went up on my tip-toes for a slight second and I started getting on in my calf. I definitely have to be more careful these next several weeks when I want to stretch my legs or anything.
- A little stressed, actually! The more baby stuff we accumulate, the more I realize just how small our house really is. I know we can do it - other people have done it with 2 kids in this house before. And I know we're not meant to move yet. But with my orderly personality, it is hard to see more stuff get crammed into our already small house. I think another thing that stresses me out is that I seriously would just do things the old-fashioned way - none of this fancy baby equipment that everybody has to buy now that take up so much space. However, when stuff is given to us for free, I definitely can't complain and am grateful for the gifts. So now I will just have to manage our space the best we can and deal with it until we eventually do move.
What am I feeling?
- Still more kicks, punches, and rolls. I love being able to watch my belly jump around. I especially love that Scott can feel her kick as well. I love putting his hand on my belly at night when she is most active and having him laugh in his half-asleep stupor.
- I am starting to feel her more up in my ribs. It helps me remind myself to sit up straighter at work, though, so she is a good posture-reminder.
- Well, I won't tell you my actual weight, but yes, I have gained, a little more than I should be. I will be a bit more careful with what I eat this next month until my next dr's appt. Hopefully my gain will be a lot healthier than it has been the last few months with the holidays.
- Dr says glucose looks good, so I am not worried about that.
Finally, here are some more things I have gotten from great friends!!
Baby Stats (according to BabyCenter.com):
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Cute decorations for the "nursery" !