Sunday, July 22, 2012

Caffeine

Oh! I forgot to tell you my caffeine story.

So as soon as Scott and I decided we were going to see the midnight showing of Batman, I realized I was going to need a little extra help staying awake. You see, usually I am o.u.t. by 10 or 11pm. No way was I going to be able to stay up without some caffeine in my system.

I know! Totally not like me, right?

We went to the diner where we filled a little 8oz glass with Coke. I drank probably 3/4 of it. And I was fine for a little bit, but suddenly, it's like it hit me all at once. I could feel the energy building up. I started laughing and crying so hard. Both. I didn't know what one I was doing. Tears were streaming down my face. My heart was beating. I couldn't catch my breath. Then after the initial onsurge, I was up. I was dancing, walking, running, leaping around the diner. I was playing dance-dance on the black tiles. I was hopscotching. I was stretching and doing who-knows what else.

And this is why Nancy should never drink caffeine.

But I was able to stay WIDE awake during the whole movie and then after too! I could have stayed up all night! Woo!

No comments: