Thursday, July 19, 2012

4th

I'm still around.

The 4th of July was really fun! We got up early, drove to the parade, cheered Scott's sister on as she ran the 5k Freedom Run, ate breakfast at Nellie's, then we (meaning I) ate chocolate Twizzlers while we watched the Freedom Festival Grand Parade on University Ave in Provo. Hailey was just darling, but tired.




Then my camera died. P.S. Did you know Spanish Fork has a drum corps of sorts?? It was SO awesome! Straight brass an drum line. They look and sounded awesome. Sorry I don't have a picture.

And Stephanie Nielsen was the Grand Marshall! I think that is really neat. I don't read her blog much anymore, but I still really admire her.

After the parade, we went to the park with Scott's family and had a picnic. Then we went swimming! It was very nice to cool off.

Scotty and I were planning on spending the rest of the evening very quietly in our home, but we ended up stopping by my family's house and...ended up staying the rest of the evening. So much for quiet! But I am glad, because we ended up getting to Skype Tom in Afghanistan and I showed him his niece, Hailey! He is doing great.


I am grateful for this country and the freedoms we enjoy. Happy late 4th of July!

No comments: