I've finally perfected the quiche and I had to blog about it! And Scotty is going to laugh at me for sharing this. But honestly, I have tried and tried and failed at so many different quiche recipes, but I finally found the one. It's the original one, but with a twist. Allow me to share.
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten (or 4 eggs if you have medium size)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (opt.)
9" unbaked pie shell
1 dash of pepper
Any leftover ham or lunchmeat cut into pieces
Spinach, THAWED IF FROZEN, and drained if possible (very important!)
1. Toss the cheddar with flour in a medium-size bowl.
2. Add milk, eggs, parmesan, ham and pepper. Mix well.
3. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
4. THEN add the spinach on top. Only on top. Don't mix in except for slightly. (I've discovered that if you try to mix the spinach in with the batter, it turns out very watery and doesn't ever set.)
4. Bake 350F for 50-60 min or until set.
Yum! Now here's the next part that I am actually even more proud of - I made my own pie crust!!!
The BEST tutorial on pie crust comes from one of my favorite websites: www.ourbestbites.com
Yes, I am very pleased with myself right now!