Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dark Night/Scotty's Birthday

As you know, "The Dark Knight Rises" came out on Scotty's birthday. I debated whether or not to take him to the midnight premier, but once I told him my idea, there was no turning back. So we bought some last minute tickets and went to the 11:59pm showing of Batman at the Thanksgiving Point Theater (assigned seating - yeah!).

Here is my review on the movie:
Dark. Violent. Loud. Twists, twists, twists. But all in all, a very good movie, once it was wrapped up nicely together. Compared to Avengers....Avengers is fantasy. Batman is real. And the whole time I was thinking, wow, I can't believe we watch this stuff for fun. I had to turn my head away several times.

And I was completely oblivious as to what was going on just a few hours east of us. I can't even imagine. What we were watching for ENTERTAINMENT was at that very second happening to people in real life. It really was a dark night for them. I still can't get over just how WRONG that is and how awful we have all become to even like stuff like this on TV. 

Comment as you wish. This is just how I feel.

And will it keep me from watching movies with my husband still? No, probably not. Which is really sad.

Friday evening, we went out to eat at his favorite Asian Buffet in AF. Then we went to Target and walked around. Last time we walked around that Target, I was a very pregnant lady! Then we took the long way home. It was very relaxing and nice to hang out with Scotty.

Many thanks to our moms for being such great babysitters during our birthday adventures.

And no, I don't have any pictures. I'm sorry!

And also...how many of you think the new Wendy's on Center St in Orem looks just like the many McDonald's now?

Happy 24th Birthday, My Scotty!
I love you very much and am so glad you are mine!!

No comments: