Friday, November 18, 2011

What a Day


I wish this was the mouse in our house. Sadly, it is not that friendly and certainly not that clean. *shudder*

So yes, we have a mouse in our house. Well, in the wall somewhere. We heard it squeak one night during a movie and weren't quite sure if that was the movie or for real. A few mornings later, I heard some noise in the wall behind the toilet. Oh boy. I hit the wall and it stopped, then started up again a little. I didn't hear it again for quite a while. I tried putting out a glue trap (left over in the cupboard from the previous renters) by the stove, but apparently it has not made its way outside the wall because nothing showed up. Thank goodness. I've got food storage to worry about. I also have a couch and a mattress, I've got a closet of throw blankets, I've got shoes that make perfect mouse toilets! No way am I willing to deal with any of that!

We have talked about getting d-con, but I keep forgetting every time I go near Walmart! I am going to have to write myself a big note. I am ready to get rid of this mouse once and for all, especially after what it has already done to me!!

Hence a nice segue into my main reason for today's post...

The first time we heard the mouse, I tossed and turned all night, dreaming of bugs and mice in the bed. Well, Sunday night, I decided to sleep out on the couch to see if I would sleep better (no offense to my husband or my bed, but you do what you can to get comfortable when you are pregnant), but of course my body had to wake up at 1:00am anyway because it wasn't my bed and I probably had to pee. I can't remember. And what did I hear a-scritch-scratchin' away in the wall? That darned mouse! And it was loud and very distinct, there was no way I was imaging anything about that sound.

So I went to get in bed with Scott and what did I do? I tossed and turned all night with nightmares about bugs, spiders, and mice in my bed. Ugh. I usually am OK with stuff like this but lately, I just can't stand it! I also had other nightmares mixed in, one in particular that really, really shook me up. I knew it was a dream, but it was so graphic, and...bloody. I won't go into detail. I don't want to think about it and I don't want you to have to think about it.

What an awful night I had. I pretty much laid in bed hoping each time I woke up was 6:00am yet. As soon as the alarm went off, I shot out of bed, telling Scott I would shower first this morning! My whole shower...well, I had to sing primary songs to get my nightmares out of my head. It was awful.

But wait. My day gets better, and yes, my post gets longer.

I also locked myself out of the house. I had to drive back to Walmart to get Scott's keys, then drive back again to return them. There went my perfectly planned morning of time for breakfast and packing a lunch. And I was late for work.

So what helped make this day manageable? Well, I heard Christmas music on the PA at Walmart, for one. I know I am going to hold off until after Thanksgiving, but it was really relaxing to hear music that is always associated with good feelings. Second, my workmate-roommate was not at work. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way!!!! I love Kym, truly! But I just mean...it was nice to be alone when I needed time to be by myself. And keep the lights off. That's all I have to say.

There you have it. We are going to get this mouse!

No comments: