Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Katie, I really liked your idea of putting a picture up of each thing I am grateful for. So if you don't mind, copying is the best form of flattery!

Things I am Thankful For This Thanksgiving

1. I am grateful for my Scotty.
He is my husband and my best friend. I love how he makes me laugh. Over the past (almost) 2 years, our relationship has grown stronger and better. I love him even more than I thought I could. I am so grateful for my wonderful, hubby Scotty!


2. I am grateful for our home.
We have been so blessed and are so grateful to have such a wonderful home to start our marriage with. The rent is great, the space is great for our small family, I love the ward and areaand I really must say that it is perfect that we don't have neighbors on the other sides of our walls like an apartment because, well, I don't think they would want to put up with all my loud singing 24/7! Many thanks to Scott's brother Stephen for helping us find it!


3. I am grateful for our wonderful car, Sally.
I am so grateful that we have a car at all and that it is very reliable! I am especially grateful to our bro-in-law Brad for working so hard on it to make it the car it is. This car is very unique and good to us and we have been so blessed to have such a great car!


4. I am grateful for our family and friends.
I know not everyone is in this picture, but you all know who you are. Thank you to our parents for raising us, thank you to our family members for loving us and thank you to all of our many wonderful friends for always being there for us!! We love you all very much and don't know where we would be without every one of your support.


5. I am so especially grateful for the Gospel.
Many thanks to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for his Infinite Atonement (Alma 34:9-16, D&C 19:16-19). I am so grateful for the knowledge we have and for the gospel that has blessed our lives. I know my Savior lives and will come again.



6. I am grateful for the temple.
I am so grateful for temples on this earth where we can be sealed together with our spouses and our families/loved ones for all time and for all eternity. I am also grateful for the work it allows us to do for those who were not able to partake of its blessings while they were on this earth. I love the blessings of the temple.


7. And last, but certainly not least, I am so grateful for my precious, little Hailey.

What a miracle it is to be pregnant. Despite all the discomforts (this pregnancy hasn't even been that bad, really), I have been so humbled and so grateful to be the vessel to build this infant body for our daughter, Hailey. I know she isn't born yet, but I love her more than anything in the world. I am so excited and look forward to sharing parenthood with my husband. I know there will be hard times, but I know that we will be able to get through them and be an eternal family like we were meant to be. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted us to be the parents to this wonderful Daughter of God. I love you, Hailey, and I can't wait to hold you in my arms in March!

(And yes, just so you aren't confused. After some deliberation, we decided to get a second opinion on the gender. Thank goodness my work offered $25 gender ultrasounds, otherwise we probably wouldn't have gone through with it. We are glad we did. It's not that we didn't trust the first ultrasound or the tech who was doing it, but when it is your first one, it is better to be safe than sorry so it is a little easier to plan. And those three lines in that circle? Definitely a girl!)





I also forgot to mention I am very, very grateful that Scotty and I both have jobs, and that they are good jobs. I am also grateful for health insurance!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I hope you remember all the blessings you have in your life!!!

Gobble gobble
Gobble gobble
Turkey for Thanksgiving....

2 comments:

staceyk said...

Glad you guys had a good thanksgiveing :)

Kates said...

awww...your baby has a NAME. oh my goodness, this is getting more real to me and kinda freaking me out that my best friend is having a BABY.