Friday, May 11, 2012

This and That

This post is an accumulation of random thoughts and things going on in the last week.

My kid sister, Heather, had her last home game ever on Tuesday. She will never play another game of softball for Mt. View High School on their home field again. They did a special senior thing. Hailey and I went and supported her. I love my sis so much!

The end of an era:  Most of these girls have been playing  ball competitively together since they were wee 10 yr-olds. Now they are all grown up and graduating high school. I love these girls! Heather, Alisha, Megan, Kaitlin, Paige, Alyssa!


I faced my fears yesterday and finally baked with yeast. I made a pizza braid and I think it actually turned out pretty good! Next time, remember to put in EXTRA filling and bake just a tad bit longer. The dough was still a little doughy. But seriously, I was so proud of myself for braving the yeast and now my dinner possibilities have greatly opened up!


Also, if you make homemade pizza sauce, you must use this recipe. It was so good. I couldn't stop dipping the cold pepperonis in it. Yumm!!
Yummy Pizza Sauce
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
2 tbsp pizza seasoning (I actually got a spice set so 
that is what it was called, but you can split it up and do oregano,
 basil, marjoram, and garlic powder)
(it's so good, yummy!)

I don't know what it is, but lately I have been into dressing Hailey in footsie PJ's and keeping her that way all day. It's just easy and you don't have to worry about a whole outfit or any loose pieces of clothing. And it keeps her arms covered and warm, except I guess I didn't really consider with the warmer weather that she might be too warm in that. But she hasn't seemed to complain yet. I know. I'm lazy. But the PJ's are just so much easier, not to mention pretty cute.

Speaking of Hailey, she is smiling!! On demand!! Oh, I just love it. It makes my heart melt every time. I feel that much closer to my daughter every time she smiles at me. It feels like we're actually connecting together! She is also crying!! We already established that, but I mean real tears this time. I try not to let her go too long where she actually gets to the point of tears, but I post this just to say that, yes, our two month old has gotten her tear ducts nice and working. Yay!

Smiling at Daddy
You see those tears?

I have also been very much into crocheting. I don't know what it is. I used to crochet ALL the time when I was a kid, but I always got bored of it because I guess I thought the ONLY thing you could crochet were blankets and I never had the patience to ever complete a whole blanket. Now that I have a child, however, the crochet possibilities have definitely opened themselves up. I've been making hats, booties, head bands, flowers, you name it! I am so in love. P.S. You are SO going to love her blessing outfit because it will all be homemade/crocheted, with special thanks to Grandma Benson.


Which reminds me...

Announcement:
Hailey's Baby Blessing will be
June 10 @11:00am
Springville Stake Stake Center
(I know it's taken us a long time to get this going,
but when we found out Scott's best friend was going
to be out from West VA that weekend and Hailey's 
great-grandmother was going to be out from
PA, we didn't mind making the wait.)

I don't know what it is, but there's something about the summertime that makes me just DIE waiting for the State Fair. I. LOVE. the State Fair and look forward to it every single year. I don't know why, because that's always in September and I surely don't want to waste my summer away by wishing for something that wasn't here yet. But yes. I love the State Fair and I am so excited to take my little Hailey with me this year!

And one last thing. No, two. I promise!
We finally got to go back to the temple last Friday after not having gone since our anniversary in February. It truly was such a peaceful experience, something I had been waiting so long to do. I literally started crying when the movie started, that's how happy I was to be back. I also got some much needed answers to a lot of prayers, and I was just so grateful to be able to get my Spirit boosted up and re-fueled until next time.

And we're going fishing tonight. I. Am. So. Excited. FISHING!!!



The End. Thanks for hanging around. Love you all!

No comments: