Thursday, May 31, 2012

3 Months

Hailey is 3 months and she is beautiful and bright eyed and laughs and coos and stares and holds her head and I just love her so much! She sleeps a lot more now, which you would think she would be awake more, but I think she's going through a growth spurt like I had mentioned earlier. She's upped her milk intake, so we've moved her up to the bigger bottles! And it had to be right after I buy a new box of small drop-ins. Of course!

I went back to work this month and it really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Since I have picked up the lovely crocheting again, it seriously keeps me busy/entertained/however-you-want-to-call-it the whole time. And then I have a day in-between each work day to recuperate. I am really actually enjoying it. It also wasn't that bad leaving Hailey with my mom because we have left her before. It's not like it was a shock or anything, on either end. And overshare, but my body is already used to pumping, so the pumping at work hasn't been bad at all either. In fact, my supervisors are very supportive of it and I even have my own little room to do it in! I am very grateful for that. 2 weeks back at work, almost 3, and we haven't had a problem with milk for Hailey yet. Very, very grateful.

I've started putting Hailey's hair into ponytails! I can tell it has really grown, and I love getting to play with it. She looks absolutely ADORABLE with her hair up.

Now that I'm back at work, I have been able to get more into a schedule, especially coordinating her bath nights. I really struggled deciding when I wanted to routinely bathe her before I went back to work because every night was different. And I tried mornings. And I tried basically everything, and I couldn't find a groove. Not to mention on top of that, Hailey was really hating bath time. She would cry and cry and cry. Turns out I was so afraid of burning her that I had the water a little too cool. So I upped the water temp, finally found the nights I could routinely bathe her, and I'm going to be honest, bath time is my favorite time of the day with her. I let her play in the water or stare at her little rubber ducky and wash her head-full of hair. She loves it. She smiles. Or at least stops crying once she's in the water. I'm thinking she may turn out like a fish, just like her daddy.

Speaking of, I have also been on a quest to find her a swimsuit that might fit....THIS year. I really want to take her swimming! I think she's old enough to handle it! The only problem is that she's still so small, I don't think anything is going to fit her yet. Never fear. If I have to stick her in a baggy swimsuit, I will. That means it will last for quite a while!

And...like I had mentioned before, she is holding her head up quite well. She LOVES sitting up. She loves sitting in our laps and just staring out at the world. She even actually enjoys getting put into her carseat because she knows she will be able to semi-sit and look out. I am still working on tummy time. She hates it, and I think it's because I haven't done it enough for her to get used to it. But we're working on it.

I love my life, I love my daughter. I am so grateful for my job allowing me to go back part-time so I can spend more time with my daughter and be a mommy. I can't wait until I can be a full-time stay-at-home Mommy.

Newborn to 3 Months

Hope you enjoyed!


No comments: