Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas!

I loved Christmas this year. It was probably a combination of having Hailey, the snow, and an early start listening to Christmas music that put me in the right mood for Christmas time. I am so happy that we finally had a white Christmas. I don't care what anyone else says about the cold and the snow, but I love it. I would take single-digit weather and snow any day, so long as I have my warm house and a husband to turn into!

I also loved this season because I really got to focus extra on really why we celebrate Christmas, and how it's not really what the Savior did at the beginning of His life that we love, but rather what He did at the end of it that we celebrate His birth so sacredly.

Hailey got sick right before Christmas with a cough, and somehow she managed to pass it along to me. I took half a dose of Nyquil on Christmas Eve, enough to get some rest, but I thought not enough to keep me out for hours on end. I was totally wrong! Scott had to drag me out of bed to open presents. I got worst-mom-of-the-year award because I did not take a single picture of Hailey with any of her presents on her very first Christmas! I did take some video, though, so that'll have to suffice.



After presents and breakfast (sausage egg "mcmuffins" - totally starting a new tradition!), I was out again. It took about 12 hours for the medicine to be completely out of my system, but it was good because that meant we got a nice relaxing morning at home.

We went to see Grandpa Septon who got a few days off to spend home with us, and we Skyped with our Marine MP, Tom. He comes home soon! After that, we spent the rest of the evening with Scott's family. It was a very nice Christmas together.

Hailey got so spoiled this year! Clothes, toys, hair bows, furry boots, TWO winter coats, I think this girl got it all. Her very favorite gift, though, is her baby doll. I knew I wanted to get her a doll for Christmas, and I'm so glad I did. She only smiled for one present (and not just the wrapping paper), and that was her baby. She loves her baby so much!

Presents under the tree.

Hailey fell asleep on the way up to visit her Grandparents.

Getting to see Grandpa Septon and chatting with Tom on Skype!

Displaying our David Tennant Dr Who shirts loud and proud!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that you got to spend it with the ones you love!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love your shirts! You totally got Taylor and I addicted.